Monday Winter Social Skills Group
Therapeutic Approach to Social Development
8 Week Group, Ages 4-7
- January 27th– March 23rd (every Monday excluding President’s Day)
- Mondays 5:15-6:15 pm
- Registration forms and payment due prior to the start of group.
- Cost $1,040 (8 group sessions). Payment is made to both FUNdamentals and Building Blocks Therapy and FUNdamentals. If paying by card, there will be two separate charges ($520 each). If paying by check, please make two separate checks, one to Building Blocks and one to FUNdamentals ($520 each).
Led by a one Speech-Language Pathologist and one Occupational Therapist, the social groups are a fun, interactive program to build skills in the areas of language & play, social development and school readiness.
Language & Play: The program is designed to develop and nurture cooperative and imaginary play skills. Language is elicited through structured and unstructured activities and play by creating natural opportunities for social interactions.
Social Development: Children engage in a variety of adult and child-directed social activities in order to develop and refine social development.
School Skills: The program will help children develop basic skills needed to actively participate in the classroom. These skills include attending, waiting, turn-taking, sharing, staying with the group and pairing language with nonverbal social skills.
Interactive 60 Minute Sessions Include:
- Circle Time
- And more!
Your child may be appropriate for this group if:
- They have trouble joining, sustaining, and
expanding parallel and imaginative play
- They have difficulty with turn taking
- They have difficulty interacting with peers
- They have difficulty sustaining attention
- Are shy and anxious in social situations
Please print and complete our Registration Form and return with payment before the start of the group.
Please note: If you are a new client to either practice you will need to schedule a consultation with Marissa Hunter M.Ed, COTA/L or Rachel Hicks, MS, CCC-SLP prior to the start of the group. The proper paperwork for FUNdamentals and Building Blocks Therapy must be filled out before starting the Social Skills Group. Please fill out all the forms from FUNdamentals and Building Blocks Therapy.
Start Date and Time
January 27, 2020,
5:15 pm - 6:15 pm